A versatile hall in a prime location, only 2 minutes from the Ipswich CBD in Limestone Park!
Available for a range of event hires such as weddings, wakes, birthdays, anniversaries, Melbourne Cup, and many more. We have partnered with The WOW Factor to provide the option of customised wedding packages including venue decoration and a fully licenced bar. (Decorating via The WOW Factor is an added extra and must be organised separately. Hall hire does not include decoration).
Flexible for self catering in our kitchen (oven and food warmers available for use), supply your own caterers, or we can assist you with recommendations for food trucks for catering.
Our space can cater for up to 100 guests seated and 150 standing (COVID restrcitions may apply). The hire includes access to chairs, tables, crockery and cutlery.
Ample parking on site, with a range of facilities including a kitchen, technology, and amenities. Fully airconditioned!
Tech available includes free wifi internet, microphones, speakers (including AUX and Bluetooth connection for playing music), whiteboard, and a massive 70" UHD 4K ULED TV with Chromecast, integrated computer, and webcam technology.
Full licenced bar available for functions upon request (no BYO alcohol). Where a bar is required, we provide bar staff for the service of beer, wine, spirits, cocktails and soft beverages. A bar tab may be setup or customised to your needs. Our bar is fully stocked at great prices - see menu here. Other drinks available by negotiation and may require a minimum purchase.
Pipe band available for your function upon request (pending availability).
Event hire price of $330. All Friday night and Saturday bookings are considered event bookings and provide for time to setup and pack down, along with use of the bar.
Weekday casual hourly rate available upon request. Permanent hourly bookings available. A $30 cleaning fee applies to all casual bookings. A fully refundable bond of $200 is required.
Dry bar hire available for $15 each, or $10 if you supply your own covers. Lycra white chair covers available for hire at $1 each self wash or $2 each if we wash. White cotton table cloths available for $4 each self wash or $8 each if we wash.
All rubbish must be taken with you after your hire. The bar will handle its own rubbish.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The hirer of the City of Ipswich Pipe Band Inc. (‘COIPB’) Hall at Selwyn Edwards Dr, Ipswich QLD 4305 agrees to meet the following conditions as part of the hire agreement:
1. The price of the hire shall be in accordance with the rates set out above or agreed to with COIPB, or the price indicated by the invoice issued
2. The hirer agrees to hire the hall in accordance with the times requested and invoiced. These times include time required for setup and pack-down. If additional time is required the hirer will contact COIPB to request further time (if available) and will be issued with an invoice or drawn from the bond.
3. Payment for hall hire shall be made by direction of an invoice issued to the hall hirer, with payment of hiring charges due in 14 days or as stated. If this agreement is made within the 14 day period, full payment shall be made immediately upon receipt of invoice from COIPB. The hire shall not be considered booked with time and date reserved until payment is made.
4. The kitchen, toilet, veranda, and main hall area shall be available for use. Other areas including the bar, sheds, and utilities room are not available without prior consent from COIPB.
5. If the bar is required, COIPB will provide a suitably qualified person to undertake the responsible service of alcohol to persons on the premises at the invite of the hirer. All alcohol will be provided by the COIPB based on a predetermined price list with costs incurred and profits retained by COIPB. If special beverages are required (i.e. Champagne), this may be negotiated with COIPB. The hirer acknowledges that a breach of this condition is a breach of the Liquor Act and will result in loss of the bond.
6. Access will be provided to the hall via an access code for the key pad Smart Lock, via email or text 48 hours prior to the event. The access code will only work during the hire period.
7. The hall must be left clean and free from damage, including all bins emptied and rubbish taken with you and furniture stacked. The hirer agrees to incur any costs associated with cleaning required outside of normal use.
8. All breakages and damages will be reported immediately to COIPB. The hirer agrees to incur any costs associated with breakages or damages, including audio visual equipment, furniture, kitchen equipment, crockery, glass wear, etc.
9. COIPB does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to person, profit or property from the hirer’s use of the facility. The hirer undertakes any activity conducted by them or other persons within the hall at their own risk. COIPB will not be held liable for any failure, person or property damage or contract breach incurred by a service provider recommended by COIPB.
10. The hirer agrees that they have the appropriate insurances and licenses/permits to conduct the activities within the hall.
11. The hirer agrees not to contravene any laws or government regulations (including noise regulations) on the premises.
12. COIPB agrees to provide a full refund of hall hire and bond if the hall becomes unusable due to unexpected events. However, COIPB will not be liable for any loss of income or opportunity arising from this event. Unexpected Event means anything outside the reasonable control of a party including, but not limited to, fire, storm, flood, drought, earthquake, explosion, war, invasion, rebellion, terrorism, sabotage, epidemic, pandemic, public health emergency, labour dispute, labour shortage, failure or delay in transportation and act or omission (including laws, regulations, imposition of sanctions, embargoes, restriction, prohibition, disapprovals or failures to approve of any third person (including, but not limited to, customers, public authorities, governments or government agencies), venue not meeting legal standards for the event.
13. The hirer agrees to pay a security bond of $200 for damages and reimbursement of costs and other monies due by the hirer. Bond to be paid in full at least 14 days prior to the initial hire date. Contravention of any of these terms and conditions will result in loss of this bond. If no terms and conditions are contravened, the bond shall be returned in full (minus any transaction costs) within 10 business days of the hire agreement concluding.
Cancellation Fee schedule
100% refund of bond and hiring fee due to QLD Covid lockdown.
100% Bond refunded due to cancellation.
Full refund of hiring charges when canceling with more than 3 months notice.
75% refund up to 3 months notice.
50% refund up to 2 months notice.
25% refund up to 1 months notice.
No refund if less than 2 weeks notice.
Transfer of the date of an event can be made with at least 7 days notice without penalty.